Monday, January 23, 2012

Portia Andrade and Her Stories

One night, I imagined Portia Andrade. I could see her clearly in my mind.  She wasn't Gigi and she wasn't me.  She was the combination of our Fears and our Strengths.
I could see her traipsing through the French Quarter and dining at the best spots with her hair done, not a tinge of gray nor a hair out of place.
I could see her standing in a darkened courtyard and telling her future boyfriend - "You like me, Professor Mounier. You like me a lot."  The professor blushed not knowing how to respond to the woman who stood on tiptoe before him, reading his hidden thoughts.  Portia had mercy upon him and sauntered off into the night not waiting for an answer.
I could see her whole life before me. So I wrote her down.  The first attempt was a short story.  This wasn't quite right.  But I'm getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment